We celebrated Cannon's 1st and Chandler's 30th Birthday a few weeks ago (March 19th, 2010). Cannon's real birthday is March 12th and Brian's is March 15th, so I decided to have a joint party since it was a big birthday for both of them but truth be told it was really ALL ABOUT CANNON.....lol.....but Chandler did have a great time too! We celebrated it a week later since that weekend fell on Spring Break for most of our family, which worked out perfectly for everyone.
I worked myself up into a frenzy a few days before the actual party, thoughts of "it has to be perfect for him, it's his first birthday" just kept invading my brain, when in reality the only thing he is going to remember about this party is the pics he has to look back on but those who know me, know how I am when it comes to parties and details! Since we did not have a "home of our own" to host the party I decided to reserve a room at the country club and have a "golf" themed par-tee and it turned out fabulous! It was an evening party so I made it a catered event with all your "typical" golf themed foods - hot dogs, mini corn dogs, hamburger/chicken sliders, fries, chips and salsa, beer, wine, water, lemonade, tea, cake, cupcakes, donut holes, and cookies. The two birthday boys had about 40ish guest, mostly family and close friends. Cannon's Poppa and Yaya had their golf cart all tricked out for his birthday party and took all the kiddos and babes on golf cart rides. Right outside the room was a nice playground for the kids to play around on after dinner and cake. I strongly recommend using Decordova for any type of catering party, the food was great and they did a very good job of checking on guests through out the party, setting up for the party and take down - I was very impressed! If you haven't used the Grand Cakery yet, I strongly recommend them also, they did the cake which was decorated in a golf theme (I went with marble cake and butter cream frosting), not only did it look good, it tasted great too. I have to give a major shout out to my college bf for doing such an awesome job on the custom paper designs for the invitations, stickers, banners, cupcake sticks, food place cards - if any wants her info let me know she is amazingly creative! I had fun challenging my own creativity with this par-tee theme - I did all the table center pieces on my own, my Gram made the cupcakes/cookies and me and my sis decorated them, my Mom, Sisters, Cousin, Gram, and Aunt all helped me decorate the room the night before (I want to send out a HUGE thank you to them, I couldn't have done it without you ladies - eventhough I was somewhat of a control freak while they were helping, they know how I am - so they graciously ignored me and helped so much), I used the internet some to help me think of some ideas but most of the creativity came from me and my love for these two boys for whom I wanted to throw a very memorable par-tee for. Everyone had a great time and I am so glad we had such a wonderful reason for everyone to get together for a little celebration of two people we all love and fellowship. I want to send a special thanks for everyone who came to the party, we are so glad you came and love you all!
The two birthday boys had a great time. Cannon is always in the mood for a golf cart ride with his Poppa and Yaya, except this time some of his friends were able to join him in the fun. Cannon enjoyed swinging outside with some of his friends. Shockingly he isn't a big fan of sweets, it is shocking b/c me and his daddy LOVE sweets but he did have a few tastes of his Texas cupcake which I guess is better than nothing. He really doesn't like to get messy either, so if there is anything of a liquid or gooey texture on his plate he usually won't touch and the only way he'll eat is if I feed it to him with a spoon.....I guess we should be thankful for that but on the other hand that's what little boys are suppose to be all about right.....I am betting this phase won't last for long, so maybe we should enjoy it while it lasts. He had fun opening his presents and has had a fun time playing with them at home. The only really 1st birthday faux paux I made as a host was forgetting about the opening of the presents since I put on the invitation "your presence is the only present required" (knowing that their would be presents brought still, at least for Cannon), I guess I just blocked that part of the party out of mind until someone asked me when are you going to do the gifts which was like an 1 1/2 after the party started.......lol.........but hey at least we got to it and I hope none of you think that since I didn't remember about this part of party, that I didn't appreciate your gifts because I did very much so. Which I should probably mention I am in the process of writing thank you notes for now, I am the World's Worst at sending thank you notes in a timely manner, a personal faux paux of mine! Cannon played so much that he was so tired when it was time to go, which was already passed his bed time. He was such a good sport the entire party and never got cranky until it was well past his bedtime. He loved being held, kissed and pampered by everyone all weekend, I think he could get used to several birthday parties throughout the year with this kind of personal treatment alone.
A few snap shots of the party..........
Sunday, April 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kristen, Brian, & Kristen
The "C" Crew
We are the "C" crew, which consists of myself - Kristen, my awesome husband - Brian, our soon to be sweet baby boy - Cannon, our cute maltese - Cooper & spoiled chocolate lab - Banquet. We are a tight knit family trying to keep up with the chaos of everyday life, while trying to live a life devoted to God, centered around our amazing families, and balanced by our wonderful friends & church! We are truely blessed beyond measure and try to not take for granted the abundant and undeserving opportunities that God has placed at our feet!







































No comments:
Post a Comment