Monday, February 22, 2010

New Paint & Floors Today....New Baby in 26 Days!!!



This weekend I spent a fabulous, fun-filled time with our family in Houston. Cannon’s “Great” Aunt Terri threw him a wonderful family baby shower, as you can tell by the pictures everything was perfect from the food to the décor! The best part was getting to spend the weekend together with all of the girls in the family, there is rarely a time when we can all be there together at the same time (also without the guys, NO OFFENSE – Chandler, Kile, Dad, and Grandaddy) but it’s definitely nice to have a girls only slumber party every once in awhile!!! It was great getting to see all my aunts and cousins from Houston, they are all spectacularly funny and witty women and I always enjoy getting to see them whenever I get the chance! Again, everyone was so generous to Mr. Cannon – he got lots of cute clothes, bibs, burp cloths, swim gear, diapers, bath gear, medicinal gear, room décor, diaper bag and a swing from his wonderful great gram, yaya, aunts and cousins! My Aunt Terri did a great job on the food - everything was so good and not only was his cake adorable but it also tasted awesome too, she worked so hard on making everything so perfect and fun for everyone that attended the shower! We played some fun baby shower games – toilet paper game, nursery rhyme trivia, baby item trivia, and clothing i.d trivia – that was super fun for everyone too! Cannon is definitely blessed beyond measure by lots of women that can’t wait to meet him and already love him more than he knows!!!


Yesterday marked exactly 36 weeks, so we have only 4 more weeks to go if he goes full term! It’s hard to believe that in less than 27 days, maybe sooner my little bundle of joy will be here!!! As excited as I am, I am also starting to get nervous about the l & d and also praying as I have this entire pregnancy that there are no complications or birth defects. I received his bedding on Friday, Chandler put together all of his nursery furniture this weekend, and his room is getting painted on Monday so everything for him is now finally starting to come together. I still have a few last minute items to get but the majority of everything is ready to go! I start my once a week appointments this week, I am starting to become so uncomfortable – my feet started swelling on Friday, no sleeping and when I finally do start to fall asleep I awake to having to get up and go to the bathroom for the 15th time of the night, can’t bend over to tie my shoes, having more and more regular and intense contractions, starting to feel and look like whale, waddling, tired all of the time like the first trimester, jabs, kicks, and movements that seem to be 10 times more painful than what they were a week ago – everyone warned me about this part of pregnancy that was so miserable but nothing really prepares you for it until it actually starts, even though it’s far from fun I am just happy mine didn’t start until the 36 week mark and in about 4 more weeks all this pain and uncomfortableness will be gone and I’ll finally be getting to hold and love on my VERY active little boy!!!

I’ll be posting pics soon of Cannon’s room, so stayed tuned! This week our house will be somewhat turned into a construction zone, between the house painting and hard wood floor installations everything will be everywhere, so please pray for our sanity as we are both totally O.C.D when it comes to everything being in its place! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Love,

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment


Kristen, Brian, & Kristen

Kristen, Brian, & Kristen

The "C" Crew

We are the "C" crew, which consists of myself - Kristen, my awesome husband - Brian, our soon to be sweet baby boy - Cannon, our cute maltese - Cooper & spoiled chocolate lab - Banquet. We are a tight knit family trying to keep up with the chaos of everyday life, while trying to live a life devoted to God, centered around our amazing families, and balanced by our wonderful friends & church! We are truely blessed beyond measure and try to not take for granted the abundant and undeserving opportunities that God has placed at our feet!