Sunday, March 7, 2010

38 Weeks & An Official Nester!!!


Well I've decided to get off my feet for a little bit and take a few moments for myself, mainly because A.) my "cankles" are killing me and if I don't sit soon I may just collapse and B.) I still feel like I have so much stuff to do before Cannon's arrival that as I was cleaning the never ending dust caused from the hard wood floor installation (which look amazing btw) I felt my bp begin rising because in my O.C.D mind I just realized that everything may not be exactly perfect if Cannon decides to come this week, which is almost too much for me to handle at this point. So for fear of a total melt down, I decided to blog instead : )


Our new wood floors, my camera was acting up so I didn't get a great pic but now you can see the culprit of our past two week stress, but worth it!!!

Tommorrow is our 38th week Dr.'s appointment and I can not believe how fast time has flown by! I have official become a miserable pregnant woman and I am not too sure how I even have a husband at this point, lol, he is a really patient man and I am a very luck woman! My feet and ankles, have now become cankles which not only are totally unattractive but also painful! My walk has become an even more exaggerated waddle and now my sleep is not only interrupted by uncomfortable positions but also the inability to shut my brain off from all of the million things I have to do, which in pregnancy terms = NESTING! I just have this overwhelming instinctive feeling that I will definately be meeting my prince this week sometime and as excited as I am, I have started stressing that I might go to labor - leaving the house, work, ect. in just "good enough" condition - NOOOOOO, "everything has to be perfect before he gets here, not just good enough" or at least that is what my O.C.D mind has been telling myself! I know I need to not worry about these "little" things, when I have something much bigger on the horizon but it's just so hard for me! Another hard reality for me to swallow is that anyday now I will be an actual MOM, it will no longer just be a dream, thought, or idea it is about to be so real - we are about to see and meet the only thing in this world that is actually something that is a biological part of the two of us, obviously this concept is not new but to sit down and actually think about it and then really grasp it is just so breath taking and amazing! God is so good - I feel so blessed to be given the best gift of all and that's the ablility and opportunity to be able to conceive, carry and have a child that is 100% a part of me and my husband. When I think about why God would deem me worthy of such a special gift, I feel so humbled and loved.





Last week we did our maternity pics, I've only gotten to see a few but I am very excited to see them all! I also can't wait to get Cannon's newborn pics done, they are going to be adorable! Cannon's room is still coming along, however we have been preoccupied for the last two weeks trying to get furniture moved back into place and dust bunnies out of site before Cannon's arrival and we still have lots to do with that - it seems physically unending! Our hospital bags are all packed and we are now just waiting for Cannon to give us a sign that he is officially coming out! Last week I had gained 30 lbs. (not so exciting), 1.5 centimeters dilated and 50% effaced (super exciting), he has also dropped so much in the last week and a half - so with those factors and just the way my body and instincts are feeling I would be really surprised if he did not come early, like possibly this week! I can't wait for my doctor's appointment tommorrow and I hope my next post begins with, "Cannon's Officially Here: Healthy, Happy, and Loves to Sleep ALOT!!!"

Love,
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment


Kristen, Brian, & Kristen

Kristen, Brian, & Kristen

The "C" Crew

We are the "C" crew, which consists of myself - Kristen, my awesome husband - Brian, our soon to be sweet baby boy - Cannon, our cute maltese - Cooper & spoiled chocolate lab - Banquet. We are a tight knit family trying to keep up with the chaos of everyday life, while trying to live a life devoted to God, centered around our amazing families, and balanced by our wonderful friends & church! We are truely blessed beyond measure and try to not take for granted the abundant and undeserving opportunities that God has placed at our feet!