Day 1 - at this point we've both only had 2 hours of sleep! That's what I get for planning a Bunco Night the night before a trip - NEVER AGAIN will I do this to myself!!!
We had an awesome anniversary trip in Wisconsin!!! On Friday we fly into Milwaukee and went to eat at a local brewery - the atmosphere was great it sat in the heart of downtown right on the the Milwaukee River - their beer and food was wonderful! After lunch we drove into Cedarburg and checked into a fabulous B&B and walked around town for awhile. Cedarburg is the cutest little town I've ever seen, the quaint little shops are all one of a kind - coffee shops, bakeries, candy shops, restaurants, wineries, clothing stores, bike shops, jewelry shops, B&B's - are some of the different shops you will run across while shopping down the main street of Cedarburg. The scenery is breath-taking - river that runs through the town, huge trees, colorful leafs falling from the sky, bridges, trails, benches, perfect weather - we found ourselves enjoying the beauty of the town and nature more than we did shopping, which is quite unusual for the both of us. Everything except restuarants pretty much close at 5 and there is really not a night life - which forced us to retire early on Friday night, we order dinner in, went to bed at 8:30 and woke up at 9:00, it was just the kind of night we needed.
Day 2
Night 3
The next day we headed to Appleton, we had the opportunity to drive through the country for awhile before we hit the interstate and it was just as you would imagine - trees w/ fall folage; farms; hills; old, red barns; silos; old, quaint farm house - country scenery at it's finest! When we made it into Appleton we checked into our B&B, went to dinner at a local steak house called Georges and then went to a local brewery that had the most amazing pumpkin spice ale I've ever had and the dessert wasn't bad either : ) When we got back to the hotel one of the other guests was downstairs hanging out and we struck up a conversation with him and ended up staying up for hours drinking wine and getting to know each other and turned out he was there for the Packers game too.Day 3
On Sunday we woke up earlier and headed out with our new friend to the Packers game - we went to some stores to get plenty of Packer gear; tail gated and got to our seats early to watch the teams warm up. I felt miserable on Sunday due to a cold that kicked in on Saturday night but I sucked it up and manage to have an awesome time considering how bad I felt! It would be completely underexplainable for me to describe to you - the love the state of Wisconsin and the town of Greenbay have for the Packers; the love the fans have for the Packers; the setting of the stadium, mixed with the small town atmosphere - I could just do go on and on! All I can say is it was the most amazing sports event I've ever attended in my life for so many reasons beyond the game itself. I am so thankful my hubby introduced me to a little piece of him that I've never really understood but now after experiencing it for myself I feel the same way and it's really cool to get experience that together!
We loved getting away but we missed our little man like crazy - after this trip we have decided to make this trip annual and go to at least one Packers game a year and hopefully next year Cannon will be old enough to go with us! We are excited to make this a family football tradition : ) Maybe after going yearly, I'll be able to convince my hubby that we need a vacation house in Cedarburg, doubtful but it's always worth a try b/c I love that little town!!!
This weekend we are throwing a Halloween bash at our house and I am so excited, it's going to be a blast!!! We also plan to take Canman to the Trunk or Treat at our church. Can't wait to post pics of our family costumes, I am so excited to see Canman in his outfit!!! Hope everyone else has a wonderful and safe
Halloween weekend!!!
XOXO - Kristen








No comments:
Post a Comment