Thursday, August 11, 2011

Cannon's Toothbrush, Mommy's New BFF

So I am working from home today, well working btw Cannon's naps.......we are home today because approximately six back teeth decided to break through over the past few days and it has caused my poor babe to endure - bleeding gums; tummy ache; diarrhea; fever; horrible diaper rash; painful gums; loss of appetite - it's just awful. I've tried everything that I can think of to help my poor guy - teething tablets; orajel; tylenol; a million different diaper creams; mylecon; popsicles; his favorite mashed potatoes; warm bath; cuddling - you name it I've tried it! Well I've tried everything Mommy logical I should say, but then there's Baby logic and for the baby who is still struggling to communicate where it hurts and what he needs that's when this Baby logic comes in handy for the times where I just can't really understand his baby vocabulary. After a fight to change his diaper, we did the next thing he hates apply the dreaded teething gel - after we get done he notices his toothbrush in reach looks at it for a moment and proceeds to stick in the exact spot he needs the most relief......genius......why didn't I think to give this to him earlier. Since he found this discovery it has been stuck in the same place in his mouth all day.......and it is this Mommy's new bff!!! It's tough being a  baby, I sure do love my smart little boy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment


Kristen, Brian, & Kristen

Kristen, Brian, & Kristen

The "C" Crew

We are the "C" crew, which consists of myself - Kristen, my awesome husband - Brian, our soon to be sweet baby boy - Cannon, our cute maltese - Cooper & spoiled chocolate lab - Banquet. We are a tight knit family trying to keep up with the chaos of everyday life, while trying to live a life devoted to God, centered around our amazing families, and balanced by our wonderful friends & church! We are truely blessed beyond measure and try to not take for granted the abundant and undeserving opportunities that God has placed at our feet!