Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year & Decade, New Goals!



I can not believe 2009 is over and 2010 is beginning - it's been crazy to reflect on everything that happened in 2009, much less a whole decade! I've been through so much, learned lots of new life lessons, seen & experienced lots of new things, and have had major life events occur - it hasn't all been good, but I am happy to say that of the things that haven't been stellar - I've survived and came out a better, stronger person because of them!

I am not only looking forward to a great 2010 but also a awesome new decade - God willing! Life really does fly by in a flash and before you know a whole decade has flown by right before your eyes! I don't necessarily favor the notion of New Year's Resolution just because I do not believe it should take a the turn of a new year or decade in order to want to change for the better, it's an everyday choice - not an annual choice! Everyday is a new day and everyday is chance to make the next day better - there is really no sense of setting pretentious goals for the sake of a new year and than when you mess up or things don't go as planned - to get discouraged or give up! I have so many things I would like do and change for the better about me and my life - so my goal for tomorrow and the next day and so on - is to make a daily choice of some form of change/act for the better (not even necessarily for or about me, just a positive change/act in my or someone else's life) and over time see if those small daily changes shape my overall goal of the bigger picture I am trying to achieve, which is ultimately when I leave my earthly life to enter my eternal life in Heaven! Happy 2010 and the start of a new decade! God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Kristen, Brian, & Kristen

Kristen, Brian, & Kristen

The "C" Crew

We are the "C" crew, which consists of myself - Kristen, my awesome husband - Brian, our soon to be sweet baby boy - Cannon, our cute maltese - Cooper & spoiled chocolate lab - Banquet. We are a tight knit family trying to keep up with the chaos of everyday life, while trying to live a life devoted to God, centered around our amazing families, and balanced by our wonderful friends & church! We are truely blessed beyond measure and try to not take for granted the abundant and undeserving opportunities that God has placed at our feet!