38 Weeks & 5 days, About To Leave For The Hospital!
About To Get Prepped For L & D!
Let's Get This Show On The Road!!!
Happy Birthday Cannon!
Love At First Sight!
Healthy Baby Boy!
In case some of you are unaware of our l & d experience, I will go ahead and fill you in, to say the least it did not go as planned nor followed my l & d plan whatsoever but in the end all that matter was that my doctor did what was best to keep me and Cannon healthy. We went in on Thursday night (March 11th) for an induction, mainly because our dr. was going out of town that following Saturday. At 7 pm we checked in, they began prepping me and started me on cervidel, I finally fell asleep at 4:30 am. At 6 am the nurse checked my cervix I was a 2 and started me on fluids and potossin, however she did not put the iv correctly so all of the fluid went into my tissue instead of my veins and I awoke at about 8 am to discover my arm completely swollen and feeling like it weighed a million pounds. At 8 am they re inserted my iv and started everything all over and Dr. Arababi came in and broke my water, at 11 am they came in to check me and I had dilated to a 3 at this point my contractions had started pretty heavy so they gave me a dose of stadol to help relax me, it definately did not ease the pain but it did calm me down. At 2 pm they came back into check me and I had dilated to a 4 and my contractions were even stronger and more painful, so at this point I asked for the epidural. The epidural fully kicked in at 3 pm and I was not able to feel any pain, it was awesome for awhile anyway. At 4 pm they came in again and checked my cervix I was still at a 4 and at this point they realized that potossin was causing Cannon's heart rate to decrease down between 70 - 80 and also they were unsure about exactly how his head was positioned and why it wasn't moving down. They started rotating me right, left, and sitting me up and supplementing oxygen when the potossin was taken off. Also I started having a bad reaction to the epidural, I was shaking almost out of the bed, vomiting basically my own stomach acids as I was not able to eat or drink since the day before, my legs felt like they weighed a million pounds, and they were super tingly and numb - this was the point that I had wished I wouldn't have gotten the epidural. At 6:30 pm Dr. Arababi came in to check me and again I was still at a 4 and she decided that we needed to go ahead and have a C-Section because Cannon did not do well with the potossin and there was something obstructing him from moving down the birthing canal and they weren't sure what it was they felt like this was the best and safest route to go. I had about a half an hour to process this all and after being completely physically and emotionally drained I finally lost it. Luckily my husband and family was there to help calm me down and reassure me that everything would be ok - it was just alot to take in, in such a short amount of time. At 7 pm they wheeled me into the OR and with my husband by my side they began the C-Section and at 7:11 pm I heard the most beautiful cry in all of my life and that was the cry of my precious baby boy! With the first look he stole my heart, our eyes met and it was like he had known me forever, once he heard my voice he stopped crying and just looked into my eyes - I wish I could have freeze framed that moment so I could replay it back over and over again.
Future Red Raider!
After the C-Section they sent me off to recovery, while daddy and Cannon finished up on all of his stuff. At about 8:30 pm I was reunited with my baby boy and have not been seperated ever since. Of course there is so much more stuff that I could go on and on about regarding the after delivery process but none of that matters because the only thing I care about from the l & d process is that it got me to were we are now and that is a baby boy that is - perfect, healthy, loves to eat, hates his diaper and clothes to be changed, hates going to the doctor, loves to be held 24/7, sleeps but unfortunately throughout the day and not as much at night but that's ok, loves to snuggle and has his mommy and daddy wrapped around his tiny fingers. Our cup runneth over with love for our baby boy.........
Let's Get Out Of Here!!!
Leaving In Style......The Nurses Were Sad To See Me Go!
Thank you all so much for your sweet comments, advice, support, help, and love throughout this entire process. We are so blessed to have you all as a part of our lives! We love you all!
Home Sweet Home!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment