Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Most Amazing "1st" Week Of Our Lives!

Most Photogentic and Handsome Baby Award

Whew, well this first week at home with our new bundle of joy has just flown by so fast! I can't believe our little prince is 8 days old already and that we were able to make it through this week without a nervous break down or going to the hospital every day (even though we called twice, but it was the first two nights and we were a little scared and inexperienced (still that) to say the least)! We have been abundantly blessed this week with tons of visitors (family and friends) and they are still coming for the next 3 or 4 weeks so we are loving that! Everyone has been so gracious and has brought or offered to bring us dinner, I don't think our refrigerator can hold anymore food - seriously! Cannon has loved all of his many admirers and has gotten so spoiled, as far as being held, getting kisses, hugs, and snuggles - even if you change his diaper or clothes - he goes completely nuts because he is getting put down for a few minutes! Cannon's Yaya and Poppa have been over practically every night, they just can't get enough of their sweet grandson and I can't blame them - he loves when they come over to kiss, snuggle, and love all over him!


First Sponge Bath


First Doctors Appointment

This week has been a week of many firsts for us. First week without nurses to help us out when we have an issue, first week of no sleep, first week of subconsciously putting our original babies (dogs) second, but I am happy to report that Banquet is super protective over Cannon however Cooper is super jealous, first bath, first week of changing 12 + diapers in one day, first of getting peed and pooped on, first doctors appointment (we had to go three times due to his jaundice), first newborn photo shoot, first of working together for a mutual cause 24/7, first of being a 24/7 milk bank, first of loving something so much that it hurts, first of being so protective over someone that you would do anything to keep them safe no matter what, first of willing to sacrifice anything just to make him happy, first car ride being super cautious and no speeding, first week of laundry for another person, first week of just wanting to lay around, do nothing, and stare at our beautiful creation, first week of waking up and going to sleep so happy because you get to see, snuggle, hug, hold, love, and kiss the sweetest baby and repeat that day after day, first of feeling even closer as spouse than what we've ever felt before, first of realizing how unimportant my pain is compared to the health and happiness of my baby boy, first of getting to see my grandparents, parents, and siblings get the opportunity to have a new role in their lives as great grandparents, grandparents, aunts, and uncles (they are all so excited and wonderful at it too), first of not working non stop (I miss it, believe it or not), first week as mommy and daddy...........and I am sure there are many other first's that I am leaving out but I know there are going to be plenty of more first to continue to write about for the rest of Cannon's life but this is just the firsts of this week.

Well this week has not been easy by any means, I am still recovering from my surgery and 95% I am busy feeding my growing boy and napping whenever I can. Chandler has really stepped up and has been an awesome hubby and daddy but I never had any doubt that would happen. He has been changing diapers, cooking dinner, rocking Cannon while I get some rest, helping me with anything I need, giving baths, folding laundry, cleaning and so much more. I am so very blessed to have such an amazing husband and a wonderful son, Cannon is so lucky to have such a loving daddy - he looks at Chandler with so much love in his eyes and it melts my heart and Chandler looks at Cannon the same way - it's just so sweet. I sure do love my two boys and could not have asked for a better first week but maybe this week Cannon will realize that it's completely fine by us if he wants to sleep throughout the night - wishful thinking I know : )

We want to thank all our family and friends that have come over to visit us, pray for us, call/email us this week, we are so blessed to have you all as a part of our lives! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Kristen, Brian, & Kristen

Kristen, Brian, & Kristen

The "C" Crew

We are the "C" crew, which consists of myself - Kristen, my awesome husband - Brian, our soon to be sweet baby boy - Cannon, our cute maltese - Cooper & spoiled chocolate lab - Banquet. We are a tight knit family trying to keep up with the chaos of everyday life, while trying to live a life devoted to God, centered around our amazing families, and balanced by our wonderful friends & church! We are truely blessed beyond measure and try to not take for granted the abundant and undeserving opportunities that God has placed at our feet!