Not A Care In The World!
Well this weekend was the weekend from Hades to say the LEAST! I walk in the door on Friday after a LONG week, to witness totally destruction!!! Our 10 year old lab went totally postal and ate through 5 sets (3 of which were custom made) plantation blinds, ate a plant, and damaged a pricey lamp - when I say ate through I mean the blinds had holes in them, some were broken in half, all were scratched - luckily we were able to just by replacement panels for the blinds instead of all new blinds, thankgoodness! If we would have had to buy all new blinds it would have cost us in the thousands AGAIN, thankfully it only cost us in the hundreds which still stinks - especially since we are selling our house and not taking those with us but I guess whats done is done! So basically that is what our weekend consisted of, fixing Banquets mess! I guess something finally snapped with her and she lost it - I really think it has do with the obvious - the lack of attention she is getting b/c of the baby! Don't get me wrong she still has been getting attention just not as much as she was used to. So now since she can't be trusted, we had to go get a big crate for her to stay in during the day, while we hated to do it - it's really our only option and we can't keep in the backyard b/c she tries to dig out! So we will see how this works out, fingers crossed that she adjusts ok!!! With all of the repairs going on we still got lots done - house cleaned, front and back patios cleaned, flower pots cleaned out - I don't why but something made me decide to start a few art projects (re-doing our patio furniture) - OK in all honesty I really want to buy all new fabulous furniture but there are so many unknowns for us right now as far as our house goes that I don't want to spend the $ until we sell and either buy or build, so I am taking it upon myself to spruce up the old for the time being (I'll take before and after pics, so you can see how it all turns out)! Also, I finished designing the photo walls for the formal dining room and breakfast nook, so now the shopping begins and I can't wait to see how this turns out - it has taken me forever to settle with a design, but I think it should be pretty cute and unique!
"Little House On The Prairie" Musical in Dallas with two of my favorite girls, our mother's day present to one fabulous mom!!!
Cannon is growing like a weed, last week was his 2 month appointment - he weighed 10 '8 and was 23 inches long! He got his two month shots and I hated every bit of it and the Dr. said he looked great and was growing as he should be! He is started to coo, yell, respond back with coos, he loves watching ceiling fans, and is smiling non stop, he still loves to be held and cuddle, loves his warm baths, is eating lots more, almost rolling over BUT one thing remains he still hates getting his diaper and clothes changed and he's still not sleeping through the night! This weekend we are going to Lubbock for our nephews graduation, it will be our first road trip since he's been born I am kind of nervous about that but we'll see how that all goes! He loves to go on car rides and usually just sleeps, so hopefully that's what he'll do but I am not placing any bets on it! We are so proud of our nephew and can't wait to watch him walk across the stage, we are also very excited to see our family and introduce Cannon to those who have not met him yet!!!
You Make Me Happy When Sky's Are Gray!
As stressful as this weekend is all it took was one sweet look at our little baby boy to make it all go away, it's pretty amazing how just one look at him can make all the bad parts of your day turn to good! He is such a blessing and we are so thankful for him! Please pray for my husband as he gets nose surgery on Wednesday, it's not expected to be too major and his recover should be fast but anything that requires going under makes me super nervous, so I would appreciate all your prays! I hope all of you guys had a great weekend, surely it was better than ours LOL! Sometimes God has a funny sense of humor!
XOXO,
KC




No comments:
Post a Comment