Proud and Sun Burnt Daddy!
Crazy Poppa!
Wearing His Special Father's Day Onesie
I hope all of you had a great Father's Day weekend, for us it was a really special 1st Father's Day; 1st Grandpa Day; 1st Great Grandpa Day! I feel so blessed to have such great parents and an awesome dad. My grandparents, sis, and bro in law came down for a fun filled weekend of lots of fun and laughs, lake time, relaxation, family time - topped off with Gram's homemade cherry/banana ice cream and my mom's fab italian creme cake. I was sad to see them go but I was so happy they were able to come down and visit even though it was way too short. Today we were all so worn out from the weekend that all we did was nap all afternoon, including CanMan he was so tired!Fun Times On The Lake
Muah I Love This Lobster!
It's been awhile since I've updated everyone on Mr. Cannon, he is 13 weeks and 13 lbs now, growing like a weed and more fun with everyday that passes. He is still the best baby ever with a great disposition, he only gets fussy when he is hungry, dirty, wants to be held, or doesn't get what he want (he's very spoiled) and loves cuddling and kisses more than ever! He is definately fearless - he loves the water, riding in the boat, his Poppa flipping him upside down and in the air (I know, it's crazy but he loves it), he is a great traveler (a few weeks ago we went to Hobbs for a weekend visit, just him and I (5 Hours) and he did awesome)! He has definately found his voice and lets be heard regularly - talking, cooing, and sporadic screams are what has been filling the air in our home this last month and we love it!3 Months and The BOSS Of Everything and Everybody!
Exhausted After A LONG but FUN Weekend!
Our lives have been pretty chaotic with summer beginning, being mommy and daddy, and work. I've been traveling alot lately for work, we are starting a new business and it's been pretty overwhelming but when it gets off the ground, I am hoping things will get a little less crazy. I often play devil's advocate with myself with thoughts of "should I stop working and be a stay at home mom?" versus the joy I have in working. I know most people may think that "joy" and "working" do not really belong in the same sentence but for me it does, I really don't think it's so much the working part that brings me joy, it's the thought that maybe in 20 years or so all of my hard work will pay off for my children and one day they will be able to come to work for one of the family businesses or just hopefully reflect on how all our hardwork with the businesses fulfilled all their childhood dreams and put them through college. I have always had an entrepreneural side of me that I've never been able to shut off, I love to see my business ideas manifest from something into nothing and I think that's been the main culprit for why I will probably never be a true "stay at home mom", although I would love spending even more time with Cannon, I know me well enought to know that as I was changing diapers throughout the day I'd be thinking of a new business idea and wanting to do something with it. So I am pretty sure being a "SAHM" is not in the cards for me, but I am really blessed to be able to have a career that is flexible that I will never miss a school event, sport event, ect. due to my job which is such an awesome thing to be able to do. I really just hope that if nothing else all this hardwork that we put into our careers while our kids are young helps us to be able to retire at an earlier age, like 35 - just kidding but is 40 fair - LOL! Who knows what really will happen in life, only God, so all you can really do is shoot for your dreams and have faith that it all works out in the best light possible.
All I know right now is that if every material possession got taken away from me tomorrow all I would need to survive and be truly happy is my relationships with God, family and friends and in the end that's really all that matters! I hope everyone has a great week and that your summers have been great so far!
XOXO,
Kristen




No comments:
Post a Comment