It's Past My Bed Time!!!
Last weekend one of my really good friends was in town and we met up with him for dinner in Arlington. It was his first time meeting my sweet baby boy and I think they were equally taken by eachother. Sal and I have been friends for about 5+ years now, we met working as tennis instructors at John Newcombes Tennis Ranch in New Braunfels, Summer '05 - he has been the best guy friend a girl could ask for and my hubby loves him just as much as I do! I give him a hard time most of the time but truth be told I wouldn't know what I do if he wasn't a part of our lives!
Who Is This Crazy Guy Holding Me!?!?
Newk Alumnae, with A Future Newkie
At the restaurant, Canman started getting fussy so his Daddy saved the night and played the song that always calms him down when he is tired and fussy and that is nothing other than, "Chicken Fried" by the Zac Brown Band, I may should be worried that this is the one and only song that calms my baby boy down (trust me we've experimented with a variety of others) but this is the only one that does the trick, I guess we can thank his Poppa for introducing him to this song and routine but I have to admit at least it's a good song that we enjoy listening to, some nights (over and over again).
"You Know I Like My Chicken Fried, Cold Beer On A Friday Night"
And We're Out For The Count.....
With the Fall starting back up that means ALL our Fall activities will be starting upand I am super excited about that. The MOPS (Mothers Of Pre Schoolers) group starts in Sept.; Life Group starts in Sept.; Stonewater Book Club; Cross Timbers Professional Women's Org (which I am going to try super hard to attend) and whaetver else comes our way during the Fall, b/c it always seems like something else unexpected does. I've also started a girls Bunco night which started in July, although my hubby suggested we rename it DRUNCO after the August girls night - what a blast we all had drinking wine, socializing, and playing Bunco, if there were a hidden camera you would have thought we were a bunch of desperate housewives, who hadn't seen the outside of our homes for years but the fact of the matter is that we are just a group of fun girls who love their husbands, boyfriends, kids, ect. that like to have an occasional night out with the girls every once in awhile. We also have so many showers, weddings, ect going on during the weekends this Fall that I really don't know when we are going to have a free weekend until like mid November which stresses me out if I let myself think about it too much. In addition to all this I've started training again to run a half marathon, choices of race right now are either: Dallas White Rock or Las Vegas Rock N Roll......I am leaning towards the most obvious choice Vegas baby!!! It's in December, I haven't signed up yet, I am going to see how training goes first but I'll take any excuse to head to Vegas for a weekend and this is a good one so wish me luck!!!
In addition to all this stuff going on the most important is that Cannon turned 5 months this month and I can't believe how fast my baby boy is growing up. He's doing so many new things now: sitting up; eating with a spoon; learning to hold his own bottle; rolling over (both ways); reaching out for things; pulling on anything he can get his hands (girls beware of your jewelry, he loves earrings); trying to army crawl; standing for longer periods of time (with help); trying to give kisses back and so many other fun things! As you can see he is growing into quite a chunky lil monkey, I've been waiting for all these rolls to show up and they have and they are so cute. He gets to start his orange vegetables in a few weeks and then a few weeks after that will be his 6 month appointment and I am excited to see how much his developed since his 4 month appointment. Also on Tuesday he starts going to his new school, Lakeside, he will go twice a week - I am so excited I've heard so many great things about it and after going up there several times myself to tour and visit with the Director I felt so good about it and so blessed that I was able to get him in. In honor of his 5 month birthday we got him a little present, which he is still trying to figure out himself, it's a combo btw an exersaucer and walker and he loves it! These TWO boys are truely the best things that have ever been mine, I love them so much!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment