Monday, August 2, 2010

He's Just Too Busy Being Fabulous : )

Lake Stud In All His Duds : )


The Start of A Crazy Week!


4 1/2 Month Old Red Raider!

I have to say that I am pretty glad this week has ended and a new one has begun, last week was very trying to say the least. I was pretty much a single mom for the week, Chandler was out of town due to work Sun-Fri and I was super busy, stressed, snappy, and tired by Friday. Having to be a big girl and juggle taking care of CanMan, work, starting a new business, dealing with personal things, taking care of the household, ECT., ECT., ECT. by myself for a week, I realized several importan things - 1.) I CAN juggle it all by myself; 2.) Eventhough I CAN, I don't want to - I am so blessed to have such a wonderful and helpful hubby and sometimes I take that for granted more often than I realize; 3.) I am so grateful for my parents living here, they help us out so much with CanMan, and eventhough I don't have a choice but to graciously accept their help (b/c if we didn't they would NOT give up until we let them and sometimes it's just easier to surrender especially when it involves the grandparents) - I love them so much and I am so thankful for all they do for us and CanMan loves them madly!!! I definately think God puts these types of crazy weeks in our lives so that in the midst of all of the chaos of life, at some point we slow down after going at 100 mph and FINALLY stop and realize 1.) I did not get through this week all by myself, I had my Father by my side the whole time and He is the only reason I made it through the week or through today; 2.) To surrender it ALL to Him and fall into His arms, just as Cannon falls into mine at the end of every day and share, praise, and surrender my joys, fears, worries, mistakes to Him and know that everything is going to be all right and that there is nothing so difficult that I can not  handle as long as He's there with me.


This Pic Melts My Heart!

By Friday I was like a snapping turtle to anyone that crossed my path and reflecting on it now I do feel bad, I just was at my maximum capacity level by Thursday night and by Friday morning I had exploded - LOL!!! On Friday, some of our Houston family came in and the weekend of fun began! That night we went to eat at Charleston's and I the salmon which was amazing, probably the best I've ever had!!!



I can still eat while wearing my life jacket!


And take a nap on the boat


Mati, Me, and Mollee Jo






My Cute Lake Outfit


Such A BIG Boy, Standing All By Himself

On Saturday we went out on the lake and had a blast. We got on at about 11 am and CanMan was ready to go by about 5:30 pm, he did amazing and absolutely loved it - as long as he was able to eat, nap, look around, get dipped in when he got hot, spritz and fanned - he was good to go! What a good natured and FEARLESS little baby - 4 1/2 months, 6 1/2 hours on a boat is pretty amazing if I say so myself!!! When we weren't gooing over CanMan we were tubing, skiing and swimming it was a blast. After we got off the lake we cooked out and played an uno tournament, it was so fun eventhough I am a sore loser I have to give props to my cousin Madi for winning the tourney!!!

Yay for shopping at the Galleria!!!



On Sunday we all headed out to Dallas to go play Whirlyball and go shopping at the Galleria. Whirlyball was a blast - we played 5 on 4; 6 games; tied 3 to 3 - you basically are in a team of 4 to 5 people and you try to score points by using teamwork, a wiffle ball, lacrosse mits, and motorized go carts to do it - I highly recommend this activity, it's so fun! After Whirlyball we went shopping at the Galleria, I really wasn't in the mood to shop but manage to get CanMan some super cute outfits at Saks Fifth Avenue. After the Galleria, we went to eat at BJ's brewery it was awesome and the beer wasn't bad either : ) We had an fun filled weekend with my family and I am so glad that they came to see us, can't wait until we call all get together and do it again.






I feel so blessed to have such a close and wonderful family and I love them all! I started this week off sick, which is the only reason I am blogging in the middle of the afternoon, I think it's a 24 hour bug but I feel terrible! I am so glad it's a brand new week and I am looking forward to feeling better, this week I started Drivetime daily devotionals - http://www.saddleback.com/MediaCenter/DriveTime/ - it's basically a daily devotional online from Saddleback Church that is 10 minutes, the lessons are broken down by the books of the bible, you can upload them to your Ipod or listen to them online, they are awesome for the busy mom on the go or for anyone who has 10 minutes and online access, I am starting on the book of Romans today - please pray for me that I will stay commited daily to put time aside to study and dig into the word and spend precious time with Him, sometimes I'll start devotionals and within a week stop b/c I let the daily things of life get in the way but I am truly praying this time around for discipline in order to stick with it. Hope you all have a great week!!! God Bless - XOXO, Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment


Kristen, Brian, & Kristen

Kristen, Brian, & Kristen

The "C" Crew

We are the "C" crew, which consists of myself - Kristen, my awesome husband - Brian, our soon to be sweet baby boy - Cannon, our cute maltese - Cooper & spoiled chocolate lab - Banquet. We are a tight knit family trying to keep up with the chaos of everyday life, while trying to live a life devoted to God, centered around our amazing families, and balanced by our wonderful friends & church! We are truely blessed beyond measure and try to not take for granted the abundant and undeserving opportunities that God has placed at our feet!