Sunday, September 19, 2010

MaMa MaMa MaMaaaa, Dada Dada DaDaaaa, BaBa BaBa BaBaaaa!!!

Roadtrippin on a long weekend......

MaMa, DaDa, BaBa - these are the words that echoed threw our home all weekend and we absolutely loved it!!! Cannon has been jabbering for awhile now but this week something just clicked in him and he is offically forming little words and actually directing them to the right person. It's still hard for me to fathom that this is even possible at such an early age, eventhough all the books I am reading are saying he "may" be doing this it's still so hard for me to believe that he is actually doing it! Every morning we have been awaken by him talking to himself up a storm in his bed and it is just the cutest thing ever, I am pretty sure I could never get tired of hearing his sweet little voice over the monitor it is definately the best thing to hear in the mornings and throughout the day. He also is screaming at a high pitch tone and making this little raspy, razzle noise that is adorable.

He has started sitting up unsupported this week, he has started holding his bottles all by himself, reaching out for objects and people, exploring his own little body with his hands and I am having to become extra fast when I change his diaper in order to grab his hand before he tries to grab something else LOL but seriously, trying to drink out of your cups and coke bottles, grabbing for the spoon to feed himself, rolling-rolling-rolling everywhere, crawling backwards, showing more interest in the dogs, sleeping from about 8 pm to 7 am but he's been doing this since about 4 months, giving high fives, waving bye to himself.



So as far as food goes: he loves - squash, carrots and sweet potatoes; he hates - green beans; he seems to have a love/hate relationship with: peaches. This little boy is so smart that he has figured out what colors are associated with the foods he likes/dislikes, when he sees the green food he goes from acting so hungry to no wanting to open his mouth and then when we get it in his mouth he starts fake gagging but as soon as we bust out the orange food he acts like a baby who hasn't ate in days and starts smiling and yelling to eat. So what we are doing now is giving him 3-4 bites of his green veggies b/c that is all he will tolerate, following up with the majority of orange veggies and a little fruit. He has mastered his sippy cup and loves drinking water and juice out of it. This week is CanMan's 6 month check up which I am totally dreading due to the shots but I am really looking forward to seeing his development.


A friendship divided - future red raider is best buds with a future longhorn

Last week was such a blur, I was so busy at work I could hardly think start I am so glad this is a new week!This weekend we went over to a friends house to watch the Tech game and cookout and had a great time. This week we hope to make it to life group, I am hosting Bunco at our house, and then we are going to my husbands good friends wedding that he is in. I am so excited to see my sis and our good friends from Lville this weekend, Yaya and Poppa are going to the wedding but leaving at a decent hour to put CanMan to bed so you know what that means party time for mommy and daddy - we're just hoping to stay awake at least until midnight....fingers crossed!


Talking Like He's The Boss.....Wait He Totally Is and He Knows It!


I am so thankful to have such a wonderful hubby and son, being a mommy is the best gift in this world - I just wish it didn't go by so stinkin fast! I can't believe my little man is already 6 months it just seems like yesterday we were headed to the hospital to await the arrival of this precious little miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Kristen, Brian, & Kristen

Kristen, Brian, & Kristen

The "C" Crew

We are the "C" crew, which consists of myself - Kristen, my awesome husband - Brian, our soon to be sweet baby boy - Cannon, our cute maltese - Cooper & spoiled chocolate lab - Banquet. We are a tight knit family trying to keep up with the chaos of everyday life, while trying to live a life devoted to God, centered around our amazing families, and balanced by our wonderful friends & church! We are truely blessed beyond measure and try to not take for granted the abundant and undeserving opportunities that God has placed at our feet!