I know it's been awhile since my last blog but I've been staying busy with my sweet little baby boy. He is one month old now and at this months dr.'s appointments he had grown a quarter of an inch and is now 9 lbs! Wow it's amazing how fast they grow! He's starting to do lots of new things, trying to stand (which scares me because it gives me the impression that he maybe an early walker, during tummy time he does the crawling motions, his neck seems to be getting stronger and he's trying hard to hold it up, he's officially found his thumb and will insert it in his mouth when he doesn't have a paci immediately there to soothe him, he's developing little rolls on his tummy, arms, and legs (which I absolutely adore), his cries are becoming easier to desifier in terms of what he is wanting when he cries, he's smiling more, he's cooing, he's snoring, he's developing quite a personality and temper (hence the above pic), he's focusing on objects and faces, he's getting into a sleep pattern (we are now waking up at 12, 3, 6), he's more spoiled than he was at a day old and I think he knows it, his newborn clothes and diapers are getting a little snug, he knows how to throw a fit, he has mad manipulation skillz, he loves to go on car rides and to be in his car seat, and I think he is definately going to be a mommy's boy (but of course that's just my opinion).....there are so many other things he's doing that I haven't mentioned, who knew he would be developing and doing so many new things in one month! Overall he is a really awesome baby - he typically goes with the flow, as long as he's full and dry! He naps throughout the day; he only gets fussy when he's hungry, wants to be held, dirty, getting his clothes changed; he loves to snuggle; he loves to be talked to and loved on.......we're pretty lucky!
This past month has been a massive whirlwind for us with lots of visitors throughout the month, a new lifestyle adjustment, the business picking up, deciding to put the house on the market, healing, trying to keep up with the day to day things (cleaning, laundry, ect.), trying to get back into the social scene (church, lunch with friends, daily outings to the store, ect.) - it has flown by so quickly! I guess your body begins to adjust to this new way of life for me it took about 3.5 weeks but now that I've somewhat adjusted life is slowly beginning to become a little less exhausting and chaotic. Everyday I take the time to thank God for this little miracle that is my son and I take the time to look at his wonderful creation with always the same reaction......amazed, speechless, grateful, undeserving.....without question raising a child is not easy but it is definately the best gift I've ever been blessed with. The second I get down and think it's too hard, all I have to do is look at Cannon and my heart melts every time! He is the light of my life and I love watching him grow from day to day, I am a very lucky mommy : ) Thanks to all who have come to visit us and bring us food, you will never know how much that helped us out and we love you all so much for taking the time to help us out! I am looking forward to next weekend for when Cannon's Aunt Morgie comes to visit us, we are so very excited! Hopefully this week the weather will cooperate so I can get some pics of my handsome little man with the Texas Blue Bonnets, they are so beautiful and there is a perfect patch right across the street from our house : )




No comments:
Post a Comment