This weekend was pretty low key - on Friday we just hung out at our house and ate, I drank a little wine, and played trifecta bunco (me, Chan, & JB) and it was fun and relaxing.
Yesterday we went to Lewisville to visit our besties and for Canman to have his first date with a little cutie named Gracie. We went to a little (well big) hangout called Sneaky Petes, it was right on the water - it was the perfect place for people of all ages b/c they have a little of everything - food, drinks, pools, sand volleyball courts, beach, live music, patios - we had a blast. The only bad thing was that there was zero breeze so it was HOT, HOT, HOT - Cannon and Gracie did awesome, they just ate, slept, and people watched while we poured cold water on them to keep them cool. This momma was sucking down the skinny girl margaritas like they were going out of style, not b/c of the alcohol b/c of the heat, we were there for about 5 hours so you do the math on that b/c I lost count after three : ) After hanging out there we went back to the house and let the babies get some A/C and that made all the difference in their dispositions. Before we headed back home we all went to dinner at BJ's, the spinach artichoke pizza was awesome, I had never ate their before and I was really impressed with menu, food, and beer. I wish we could've stayed the whole weekend but I had to get back home to work in the church nursery the next morning BUT we definately stayed as long as we could keep our eyes open! We got home about 12:30 am and when I woke up this morning I felt like I had been ran over by a train, not b/c I was hungover, just b/c we hardly ever stay out that late so it's a hard recovery the next day BUT always worth it. We love spending time with them and wish we lived closer so we could do it more often, I truely treasure our friendship with them - I feel like throughout this life we will constantly be meeting individuals and couples - some may stay, some may go, some may turn into acquiantances, church friends, work friends, friends of friends, and then you have those friends that are one of a kind, true, geniune that you know will be in your life forever and that's what these two are to us and we feel so blessed to have them in our lives and look forward to many more trips, family vacations, birthdays, and celebrations over our lifetimes : )
As far as Canman and Gracie's date - they mainly just stared at eachother in awe, Cannon would cop a feel here and there but for the most part they just were trying to figure the other one out. Their schedules were way off when he would eat she would sleep and vice versa, the only thing they really did simultaneously is cry but regardless they finally got to meet and we will keep working to prepare them for their next date. They both looked adorable for the other and even though they weren't super cooperative for the camera we managed to get a few good snap shots. Cannon - 41/2 months; Gracies 3 1/2 months - Can't wait for their next date!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment